The Top Questions we are always asked (and always happy to answer!)….
Before your stay:
How do I search for a villa?
Use the search engine on the front page to find all available villas for the arrival and departure dates that you require. You can also refine your search one individual pages by: location, number of bedrooms, number of persons, air conditioning, secured pool, pets allowed, distance to the beach and distance to Barcelona.
Catalunya Casas rents our villas for a minimum stay of 7 nights during July and August – the changeover dates vary from Friday to Friday, Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday. Outside of July and August we can accommodate varying arrival days – please contact the reservations personnel.
- Which is the nearest airport?
The nearest airport to most of our villas is Barcelona El Prat, which is between 25 minutes and 1 hour away from most of our locations. You can also fly into Girona – Costa Brava Airport or Reus Airport near Tarragona, which is ideal for those villas located on the Costa Dorada.
- Which currencies do you accept?
Payment is to be made in EUROS. Should you wish to pay in any other currency please contact us first.
- Do you accept credit & debit cards?
- We accept Visa and Mastercard. All card transactions are billed in EURO and converted to your local currency by the card issuer at their prevailing rate. Please note that there is a 2% transaction charge on all credit card & debit card payments.
- Are the villas suitable for children?
- Yes they are – some more so than others. If you are concerned, please call or email us and we will give you an individual and honest opinion on your requirements.
- Disabled Travellers
- We are not a specialist provider of accommodation for the disabled. Many properties are not equipped to cater for the needs of disabled guests and this may cause problems for wheelchair users. It is therefore essential that before booking you inform us of any special requirements so that we can advise you of the most suitable property for your needs.
- Maid Service
- Maid service is available at additional cost for all our villas. A daily cleaning and breakfast making service is also available.
- Do you supply a ‘Welcome Pack’, if so what is in it?
- We supply a ‘Welcome Pack’ with information on the operation of the house as well as full information on places of interest in the local area. Your welcome pack also includes contact details for your local Catalunya Casas representative. Alternatively, we can provide a stocked fridge for your arrival and further information can be found here on our guest services page.
- Do I need to bring a hair dryer, iron etc?
- Expect to find what you have at home – all houses have hair dryers, irons, ironing boards etc. Most also have washing machines, dishwashers & some tumble driers.
- Is there a telephone?
- There may be a landline with free calls within Spain in some villas. If you have a mobile and you want to keep in touch with home bring it with you – all work very well in Spain. For longer stays we would recommend purchasing a local Spanish sim card as call fees, especially data can be extremely expensive on roaming tariffs. Note: North American visitors will require a tri-band phone.
- How can I connect to the Internet?
- You can expect your villa to have an internet connection, this may be provided via a fixed internet connection at your villa or via a USB internet dongle. You will need to bring your own laptop.
- Can the changeover day be varied?
- Generally changeovers are on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, please call or email us to see if a midweek changeover is possible for the property you are interested in. Usually outside of July and August, this is always possible.
- Are the properties heated in the winter?
- All properties have winter heating, those properties that have air-conditioning units also give heat in the winter. In some properties there is also calor (butane) gas heaters, oil filled radiators and/or log fires. Logs for fireplaces may be purchased locally at an extra cost (where applicable).
- Air Conditioning
- When a villa is listed with air conditioning this means that there are units in at least 2 of the areas/rooms in the villa. We accept no responsibility for the breakdown of these units under any circumstances although we will always endeavour to rectify the matter as soon as possible.
- What TV channels can I receive?
- Where we state that a property has Satellite T.V. – this could either be Spanish TDT (which offers a multitude of channels in Spanish language and a few English channels) or full satellite TV with a variety of channels from various European countries. With most Spanish channels there is an option for English subtitles.
- Are pools in commission all year & are they heated?
- Most are maintained and in commission all year round (a few are in use from Easter to the end of October). Some guests do swim in the winter months even though the water does tend to be on the cold side from November through to the end of April. Sometimes pool equipment breaks or needs maintenance. We cannot be held responsible if a pool is not in commission due to circumstances beyond our control though every effort will be made to solve any problem as quickly as possible. A few pools are heated. Please ask us if you are coming in the Winter and require a heated pool
- Is there a discount for longer lets?
- For stays of 4 weeks or longer in the winter you can always ask!
- Can you organise flights?
- We can’t organise flights, but we can organise car rentals. Please see our recommendations on our ‘Travel’ page.
- Can I bring my pet?
- We have plenty of villas that accept well behaved pets. These are clearly listed in the search facility and on each villas description page. The search engine will find all villas available in the period you are interested in, in which pets are allowed.
- Can I have the exact address of a villa to look up the villa via Google?
- On our website you will find a map where you can see the area where the villa is situated. Please contact the reservation team if you require a more exact address.
- Are we allowed to come with more people than stated as the maximum on the website?
- Each villa on our website is available for a certain number of people. In case your group exceeds the number of people allowed in the villa you are interested in, please contact our reservation personnel and they will do their best to find a solution for you. In the event that extra guests exceeding the maximum capacity of the villa are requested, there will be an additional charge of €150 per person provided the villa can indeed accommodate any extra people.
- How can I make an option?
- You have the possibility of making options of maximum 48 hours for the villa that interests you. After 48 hours the option will be cancelled and you will have the possibility to make the reservation online. For options please contact our reservation personnel.
- How much does the final cleaning cost?
- The Departure Cleaning Fee is a mandatory service and is automatically charged when you make your final booking. Details of the Cleaning Costs are mentioned on the webpage under the GENERAL tab with the villa information. Even with the final cleaning charge there are still some items that you are expected to take care of (cleaning bbq, emptying dishwasher, taking the trash out).
- Do you offer any additional services?
- We offer our clients various extra services at extra cost. Some of these services are: cleaning during your stay, chef, childminders, extra pool cleaning, etc. For costs and more possibilities please contact the reservation personnel by telephone or e-mail. or visit our services page. We can also arrange tickets to popular local attractions, wine/cava tastings, cooking lessons, flamenco classes and a host of other activities.
- If the villa has a pool is the cleaning included?
- The pools are cleaned twice a week and there is no extra charge for this. Pool maintenance personnel have their own key to access the garden. Pool maintenance systems have a timer and are normally set to work during night time. In case of storms leaves can fall into the swimming pool and for this most of the villas have a net that you can use. To keep the pools clean please take a shower before diving in – the skin creams and oils can make the water milky. Also, please be aware that after storms or rain, the pool chemical balance can be affected slightly but will return to normal after a few hours, if not, our pool maintenance staff will be able to rectify the situation as soon as possible
- What about bedlinen and towels?
- Bed linen and towels are not included in the price in all villas. More information about it can be found on each villa page. If you still have doubts or further questions please contact the reservations office.
During your stay:
- What are your Check in / Check out times?
- For weekly rentals, your accommodation is available after 5pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on day of departure. The maid, gardener, pool man need this time to prepare the accommodation properly for incoming guests. For shorter stays we allow an early check-in (14h) and later check-out (17h).
- What documents should I bring at check in?
- Once your reservation is confirmed you will receive all necessary documents by e-mail including and a copy of your villa welcome manual with arrival and departure instructions will be send to you upon final payment.
- Will somebody take us to the villa?
- We provide detailed instructions for arrival at the villa and once you arrive in Spain you can head directly to your villa. We also have a system of Coded Key Boxes where the keys for the villa are kept which means that you can arrive anytime after 5pm and the keys will be there for you.
- In case of any problems who should I contact?
- Upon final payment you will receive all necessary documents and procedures which are important during your stay in the villa. You will also get a list with telephone numbers: office numbers and emergency telephone numbers.
- Can I drink the water?
- You can drink the water from the tap, but we recommend that you buy it due to its chlorine taste.